Join a highly regarded precision contract manufacturer as a key contributor in delivering a wide variety of highly precise short-run and prototype part orders for customers in optical, aerospace, automotive and other industrial fields.
• Determine part process and routing by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from machinists.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, machine capabilities and machinists’ skillsets
• Uphold company quality and delivery standards by actively monitoring and developing process and actual manufacturing results
• Work with a Quality Engineer to define in-process inspection requirements and methods; understand inspection plan for confirming final product.
• Provide information for quoted cost, lead time and budget by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Interact with employees and customers to share manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests
• Ensure the proper maintenance of job process and programming information using tools provided and standardization of systems on the shop floor
• Understand machinists’ skill levels and provide the appropriate level of support, including proactive training to develop the workforce; work to develop a training and development program
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• 2-5 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably performing high-precision machining in a shop environment
• Strong conceptual understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes, as well as the ability to successfully apply knowledge in new situations
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of highly skilled programmers, machinists, tool makers and/or equivalent tradespeople
• Detailed, demonstrable knowledge of available options related to workholding, tooling, machinery, software and automation tools
• Regular experience using at least one CAD/CAM software suite, as well as Microsoft Office tools and ERP/MRP system(s)
• Prior supervisory and/or project management experience strongly preferred
• US person only
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Health & Dental – High Deductible and Co-pay options
• 401(k) and 401(k) match
• Opportunities for profit sharing and bonus contributions
Check out more opportunities at Monsees Group Career
Answer just a few questions, attach your drawings, RFQ or other files. We'll get back to you quickly to discuss your project and get the quoting process started.