Seeking candidates with experience purchasing a wide variety of items and processes required to operate a manufacturing facility, including a proven ability to manage vendor relationships and work with management to meet company demands.
Join a highly regarded precision contract manufacturer as a key contributor in delivering a wide variety of highly precise short-run and prototype parts for customers in optical, aerospace, automotive and other industrial fields.
- Get competitive quotes and write purchase orders for subcontracted operations, raw materials, small tools and other shop supplies, adhering strictly to project specifications.
- Oversee inventory management for raw stock and small tools using existing tools and generally accepted practices (e.g. KANBAN).
- Manage and execute a vendor relationship system that includes collection and regular analysis of relevant vendor performance metrics (e.g. on-time delivery, defect rates).
- Work closely with company management and the quality department to ensure that all requirements related to purchased items are being met efficiently, effectively and with consistent quality.
- Ensure that purchasing records are accurate and work with Accounts Payable and Customer Engagement to ensure required paperwork is provided to customers and billing is accurate.
- Propose and execute improvements in purchasing and related functions continuously
Skills and Qualifications:
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Communicates well and demonstrates an ability to convey information efficiently and effectively
- Project management experience showing the ability to develop and run good processes for consistent outcomes
- Demonstrates an understanding of manufacturing material and processes to be purchased, including raw material, tooling, finishing processes and basic manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with computers and standard computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office products. Prior experience with an ERP or MRP system is preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing or related environment
- High school diploma required, associate’s degree or greater preferred
- US person
- Competitive Pay & Incentive Compensation
- Health & Dental — High Deductible and Co-pay options
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) and 401(k) match
- Climate controlled/well maintained work environment
Interested? Email us at email@example.com — tell us about yourself with your resume and a completed application.
Check out more opportunities at Monsees Group-Career