Seeking a strong candidate for purchasing a wide variety of items and managing processes required to operate a manufacturing facility. This role is responsible for replenishment of materials through a variety of purchasing practices including Kanban, min/max inventory planning, and discreet orders for parts.
Join a highly regarded precision manufacturer as a key contributor in delivering a wide variety of highly precise short-run and prototype parts for customers in optical, aerospace, automotive and other industrial fields.
- Issue request for quotes/proposals (RFP/RFQ) to ensure selection of best overall option consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Issue and manage purchase orders to vendors based upon the ERP system and non-standard requirements.
- Manage key supplier relationships: measure and report on results (rebates, savings, service, successes, etc.) and hold service providers accountable to negotiated performance standards (e.g., deliver, quality, cost, etc.).
- Process and follow up on MRA and non-conforming materials to ensure commercial resolution and according to the relationship with the vendors.
- Oversee inventory management for raw stock and small tools using existing tools and generally accepted practices (e.g. KANBAN).
- Support Engineering team on R&D projects as well as ongoing improvement initiatives
- Solve service level, pricing or logistics issues; Contact suppliers/carriers to expedite late or critical shipments.
- Identify savings opportunities and work with other functions to review and implement same savings in a timely fashion.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Organizational and critical thinking skills are a must
- Works in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player to achieve company-wide on-time delivery, quality, and profitability goals
- Effective communication and strong people skills are also required
- Project management experience showing the ability to develop and run good processes for consistent outcomes preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of manufacturing material and processes to be purchased, including raw material, tooling, finishing processes and basic manufacturing processes preferred
- Familiar with computers and standard computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office products. Prior experience with an ERP or MRP system is preferred.
- 1-3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing or related environment preferred
- Associate degree required, major in Engineering, Materials Management, Procurement, Operation Planning, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- US person only
- Competitive Pay & Incentive Compensation
- Health & Dental — High Deductible and Co-pay options
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) and 401(k) match
- Climate controlled/well maintained work environment
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org — tell us about yourself with your resume and a completed application.
Check out more opportunities at Monsees Group Career